Last updated on: May 25, 2023
WHAT WE COLLECT
When you use the Services, we collect both personal information and non-personal information. “Personal information” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal information is collected when you provide such information knowingly through registration or a contact form, from third parties and referrals, and passively through technology such as cookies. “Non-personal information” includes technical information that does not identify an individual personally. Over time, non-personal information may become personal information due to regulatory developments, technological advancements, or the co-mingling of personal and non-personal information. We may collect the following information in the following ways:
- Name, gender, email address, mailing address, company and job title and password when you create an account to sign in to our network.
- Name, email address, phone number, company and job title, and website URLs, including your LinkedIn URL, when you apply to join the Hampton community.
- Name, email address and phone number when you nominate someone to join the Hampton community. When you are submitting information for someone other than yourself, please make sure you have that person’s permission to share their information.
- Name, email address, phone number, company and job title when you nominate yourself or someone else to be a speaker at an event. When you are submitting information for someone other than yourself, please make sure you have that person’s permission to share their information.
- Email address when you sign up to receive updates from us.
- Name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information if you order services from us.
- Name, email address, educational and work history, and website URLs, including your LinkedIn URL, when you apply to work with us.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests when you create a profile on our platform. Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers when you participate in such survey and/or offer.
- Technical information, such as the date and time of your visit and the pages you view, through cookies and other similar technologies when you visit the Services.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER AND OUR LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To provide and improve our websites, products and services.
- To facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network.
- To respond to your inquiries and send other informational and administrative emails.
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To process your job application.
- From time to time, to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the Services according to your interests. We process personal information per applicable law and with transparency and fairness. The legal bases for each processing activity listed above are as follows:
- To perform a contract. Processing for the purposes of providing our website, products and services, respond to inquiries and send other information emails, and process job applications is conducted out of necessity to establish and fulfill a contract with you (Art. 6(1)(b) of the GDPR).
- At your direction and with your consent. Processing for the purposes of sending you promotional emails and conducting market research is based on your consent (Art. 6(1)(a) of the GDPR).
- To comply with law.
Additionally, we may process your information as otherwise required by applicable law, governmental request, process or court order or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with such law, request or court order or to protect the users of our Services or the public..
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We may share or disclose the information we collect to the following parties in the following instances:
- To contractors and service providers that help us to provide our website, products and services. If these third parties have access to your information, it is only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- To third parties who we think you may find interesting for their direct marketing purposes. We only share information in this instance with your consent.
- To law enforcement or government entities in order to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users.
NOTICE REGARDING PUBLIC POSTING AREAS
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any public posting area is available to other users. If you do not want people to know your email address, for example, do not include it in any message you post publicly.PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN THESE PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, or 16 in the EU. In the event that we learn that a person under the age of 13, or 16 in the EU, has provided us with personal information, we will delete such personal information.
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. That said, please understand that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transmit to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services or otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. We may post a notice via the Services if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address we have on file for you. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
We retain your personal information for no longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, unless a longer retention is required by law.
- Essential – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our websites and use certain features, such as accessing secure areas of the websites. Without these cookies, we can’t enable appropriate content based on the type of device you’re using.
- Browsing and Functionality –These cookies remember choices you make on our websites. For instance, when you return to our websites after signing in, cookies help the websites remember who you are.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Services may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our Services, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time. If you change your mind, please let us know by writing to us firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. Additionally, Hampton’s websites and event apps provide access to, and allow you to modify certain information that you have submitted as part of your profile on ’s platform. However, certain data related to usage history of our websites or interaction with our emails may not be visible to you. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at our contact information provided in the Questions section below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. If you are located in the EU, you have the following additional rights:
- Right of Access and Right to Rectification. The right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal information exists and to be informed of its content and source, verify its accuracy and request its completion, update or amendment;
- Right to Erasure, Right to Anonymity, and Right to Restriction of Processing. Request the deletion, anonymization or restriction of the processing of your personal information processed in breach of applicable law;
- Right to Object. Object to the processing, in all cases, of your personal information for legitimate reasons;
- Right to Data Portability. Receive an electronic copy of your personal information, if you would like such a copy for yourself or to port your personal information to a different provider;
- Right to Withdraw Consent. Where the processing of personal information is based on your consent, you may have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal.
- Right Not To Be Subject To Automated Decision-Making. You may have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, except under certain exceptions under local law. We do not use automated decision-making.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority. Lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection supervisory authority. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com and be sure to include “Data Subject Request” in the subject line.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
If you provide us with personal information, please understand that your information will be stored in the United States and maybe stored in other jurisdictions. We may transfer information to our affiliates and subsidiaries, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from the EU or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that the United States does not and other jurisdictions may not have the same data protection laws as the EU and may not afford many of the rights conferred upon data subjects in the EU. You acknowledge you understand that by providing your personal information:
- and your personal information will be transferred to the United States and other jurisdictions as indicated above, in accordance with applicable law.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personal and non-personal information collected via the Services.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND HOW WE RESPOND TO “DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS”
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits visitors to our websites who are California residents to request, once a year, certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please contact us using the contact information to make such a request. At this time our Services do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.